Ph.D., Assistant Professor
School of Computer Science
University of Oklahoma
110 W. Boyd St., DEH 232, Norman, OK 73019
Email: songf at
I am looking for self-motivated students who are interested in security & privacy issues!
- [Nov 2023] Our work on camera localization has been accepted to IEEE TMC.
- [Aug 2023] Our work on smart camera security has been accepted by ACM CCS 2023. Congratulations to Yan and Qiuye!
- [July 2023] Our work on wireless liveness detection has been accepted by RAID 2023. Congratulations to Qiuye!
- [Dec 2022] Yan successfully defended his MS thesis. Congratulations to Yan! He will stay in our group and pursue his Ph.D. degree!
- [Nov 2022] Our paper "HoneyBreath: An Ambush Tactic Against Wireless Breath Monitoring" won EAI MobiQuitous 2022 Best Paper Award!
- [Oct 2022] Qiuye He and Edwin Yang both won the ACM CCS travel grant. Congratulations to both!
- [Sep 2022] Thanks for the support of NSF to our project "Exploiting Stimulus-response Correlation for Wireless Hidden Device Localization"!
- [Sep 2022] Edwin Yang won the IEEE CNS travel grant and the CS Alumni Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations to Edwin!
- [Sep 2022] Our work on proactive defenses against wireless breath inference is to appear in EAI MobiQuitous 2022. Congratulations, Qiuye and Edwin!
- [Aug 2022] Our work on driving-assisted key establishment is to appear in IEEE CNS 2022. Congratulations, Edwin!
- [April 2022] Our work on inferring numerical keystrokes is to appear in ACM CCS 2022. Congratulations, Edwin and Qiuye!
- [April 2022] I received the Faculty Investment Program award from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Partnerships (OVPRP) at OU. Thanks to OU OVPRP for the support!
- [Jan 2022] Our work on keystroke eavesdropping attack and defense has been accepted to IEEE/ACM ToN.
- [Jan 2022] Our work on a proactive anti-eavesdropping scheme has been accepted to IEEE TDSC.
- [Aug 2021] Our work on a new attack against ASR systems is to appear in ACSAC 2021. Congratulations, John and Edwin!
- [June 2021] I receive an REU supplement for the NSF CRII project. Thanks to NSF for the support!
- [May 2021] Our work on pinpointing wireless hidden cameras is to appear in ACM MobiSys 2021. Congratulations, Yan and Qiuye!
- [April 2021] I am invited to serve on the TPC of IEEE CNS 2021 and IEEE INFOCOM 2022.
- [Mar 2021] I received the FY 21 Junior Faculty Fellowship Program award from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Partnerships (OVPRP) at OU. Thanks to OU OVPRP for the support!
- [Sep 2020] Our work on virtual step PIN pad is to appear in IEEE MASS 2020.
- [Jun 2020] I am invited to serve on the TPC of IEEE INFOCOM 2021.
- [Mar 2020] My CRII proposal is funded by NSF. Thanks to NSF for the support!
- [Mar 2020] I received the FY20 Junior Faculty Fellowship Program award from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Partnerships (OVPRP) at OU. Thanks to OU OVPRP for the support!
- [Oct 2019] I am invited to serve on the TPC of IEEE CNS 2020.
- [Aug 2019] Our work on wireless-assisted key establishment has been accepted to IEEE TMC.
- [Nov 2018] Our work on eavesdropper entrapment is to appear in IEEE INFOCOM 2019.
- [July 2018] Our work on training-agnostic keystroke inference is to appear in ACM CCS 2018.
Dr. Song Fang is an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Science, University of Oklahoma. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of South Florida under the supervision of Dr. Yao Liu in July 2018. He received his B.Eng. from the South China University of Technology and M.Eng. from the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
- Wireless and Mobile System Security
- Cyber Physical Systems and IoT Security
- Mobile Computing
- Application of Machine Learning in Cybersecurity
The asterisk (*) marks students advised by me.
- Poster: PhotoLock: Autonomous Privacy-preserving Photo Sharing in Online Social Networks
Edwin Yang*, Song Fang, Christan Grant, and Le Gruenwald
The Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), Feb. 2020, San Diego, CA.
- Virtual Multipath Attack and Defense for Location Distinction in Wireless Networks
Song Fang, Yao Liu, Wenbo Shen, Haojin Zhu, and Tao Wang
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), 2017.
- Mimicry Attacks against Wireless Link Signature and New Defense using Time-Synched Link Signature
Song Fang, Yao Liu, and Peng Ning
IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), 2016.
- Wireless Communications under Broadband Reactive Jamming Attacks
Song Fang, Yao Liu, and Peng Ning
IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), 2015.
- Where Are You From? Confusing Location Distinction Using Virtual Multipath Camouflage
Song Fang, Yao Liu, Wenbo Shen, and Haojin Zhu
ACM MobiCom, 2014. (Acceptance Rate: 16.4%=36/220)
- Student Travel Committee Chair: IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P), 2022 and 2023.
- Publicity Chair: EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking
and Services (MobiQuitous), 2022.
- IEEE CNS 2022.
- IEEE INFOCOM 2021 and 2022.
- Technical Program Committee
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM) 2021-2024.
- IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) 2020-2023.
- IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Smart Systems (MASS) 2022 and 2023 (track: security and privacy).
- IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS) 2022.
- IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Quality of Service (IWQoS) 2022.
- International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS) 2020-2022.
- Workshop on Security, Privacy, Trust, and Machine Learning for Internet of Things (IoTSPT-ML) 2020.
- Security and Privacy in Edge Computing Workshop (EdgeSP) 2018 and 2019.
Group photo by by Sophia Armoudian, 2023
© COPYRIGHT 2023 Song Fang, University of Oklahoma.