How to use Hummingbird Exceed to Access CSN Computers
The following instructions should allow you to create an Xserver connection
with a machine in the CSN from an ECS imaged Windows machine.
- Traverse the following Start Menu Path:
General Software ->
Hummingbird Connectivity ->
and finally click on Exceed (whew!)
- Right click on the exceed button on the program bar.
Select Tools ->
Session Startup ->
- Click the Options button in the Run X Server container.
- Set Window Mode to Single.
- Set Startup Mode to XDMCP-query
- Set Connect host to one of the following:
- Check the box for "Prompt for X Server Restart" and click Ok.
- Click Run! On the Menu Bar. The screen will change to a full screen X
emulation and you will be able to log in and run your X-apps.
REMEMBER: Printing from the X-apps will still go to the el158