CS 501/591C Lab Use Policies
The Embedded Systems Laboratory is located in LGRT T212/214.
- No food or drink are allowed in the lab.
- When leaving the lab, please be sure to clean up your workspace and
log out of the computers. If your hardware has not been certified for continuous running, please also disconnect it.
- Because the computers and PIC programmers are in short supply, please
coordinate with others who will need these resources.
- You must wear eye protection while using or working near the soldering
irons (these may be your own glasses or the provided safety glasses).
- No equipment or supplies may leave the lab without the permission of the monitor.
- No books may leave the lab (period).
- Please clear all guests with the lab monitor.
- The EdLab Acceptable Use Policy applies to the computers in the Embedded Systems Laboratory.
- Unless you have prior permission, please do not handle the projects of other class members.
- Always check your wiring before you power up your circuit (especially your power and ground connections).
- When removing chips from breadboards, always use an appropriate
tool (not your fingers!).
- If you break something (including burning up a chip), please report it
(don't just put it away).
- Do not attach any of your circuits directly to an AC plug.
Last modified: Mon Sep 1 20:48:03 2003