AME 3623: Project 0
By the end of this project, each individual in the group will demonstrate:
- Writing, compiling and downloading code to the Atmel Mega 2560
- Writing code that affects the state of the digital output ports
- Writing code that reads the state of the digital input ports
Write program that flashes the LED attached to PORTB, pin 7 at a
chosen (visible) frequency. Each group member must choose a different
- This LED is located on the Arduino Mega board
- The function delay_ms() will cause your program to
pause for a specified number of milliseconds.
As a group, wire the following hardware to your board:
- Connect +5V power and ground to the power and ground buses on the breadboard
- Connect at least four LEDs to different outputs (it is best if
these are on the same port and contiguous pins). Each of these
LEDs needs to be connected to ground through their own 1K ohm
- Connect another pin on the same port to +5V through a pull-up
resistor. Connect this same pin to a switch (side pin). Connect the
common (middle) switch pin to ground.
Write a program that:
- Waits for the switch to close, then
- displays an interesting LED pattern.
As you complete components 1 and 3 (individually), please have the
instructor or the TA sign-off each.
andrewhfagg -- gmail.com
Last modified: Wed Feb 3 17:37:17 2016