AME 3623: Project 0
By the end of this project, each individual in the group will demonstrate:
- Writing, compiling and downloading code to the Atmel Mega 2560
- Writing code that affects the state of the digital output ports
- Writing code that reads the state of the digital input ports
Write program that flashes the LED attached to PORTB, pin 7 at a
chosen (visible) frequency. Each group member must choose a different
- This LED is located on the Arduino Mega board
- The function delay_ms() will cause your program to
pause for a specified number of milliseconds.
As a group, wire the following hardware to your board:
- Connect +5V power and ground to the power and ground buses on the protoboard
- Connect at least four LEDs to different outputs (it is best if
these are on the same port and contiguous pins)
- Connect another pin on the same port to +5V through a
resistor. Connect this same pin through a "switch"
directly to ground. In this case, our switch is two pieces of
wire: one connected to ground, the other to the pin. To
"close" the switch, we simply touch the two wires together.
Write a program that:
- Waits for the switch to close, then
- displays an interesting LED pattern.
As you complete components 1 and 3 (individually), please have the
instructor or the TA sign-off each.
andrewhfagg -- gmail.com
Last modified: Mon Feb 25 23:51:31 2013